Question for any car mechanics re battery/alternator? - first call car breakdown
Yesterday had to ask detailed, put the key in the ignition, but nothing on the dashboard lights up and startermoter try to connect, but nothing. AA said that the battery was empty and get a new one. I went to Halfords and bought a new battery, took it to my local garage to fit, because I could not get clip from the old to the new. He tested the battery and only works for 12.46, even with the gas pedal down, there was no change. He said that normal is 14th I walked around the car this morning to go to town, turned the key and nothing, absolutely dead, no lighting of the dashboard, no electricity at all, no motor. Completely discharged battery. Is this a potential problem, alternator, or I see something more serious? N left in the electric night, so it was not, but the clock in the car was still running. Please, can someone enlighten us on this situation for me.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
First Call Car Breakdown Question For Any Car Mechanics Re Battery/alternator?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
It seems that the alternator is not charging the battery, I am surprised that not bring the garage! If it is an old car, it could be a bad ground causing the battery to drain ...
It seems that the alternator is not charging the battery, I am surprised that not bring the garage! If it is an old car, it could be a bad ground causing the battery to drain ...
Sounds like your alternator is still at large positive
the refusal of certain goods from the AA again
I like your alternator, that degradation of telephone and people complain if you had bought a new battery and there was nothing wrong with that
Complaint with the AA!
Could the alternator, regulator or other aspect, since the lines are bad. To verify visually, and their connections. I am surprised that you do not check the alternator. If everything looks good, I would check the connections and test the alternator.
The garage, which has put in the battery should have a look, why do not more than 14 volts. I concentrated on the alternator, voltage regulator, and make sure that good reasons for the chassis.
14.4 Volt alternator needs to pump to overcome the resistance of the internal battery
Hes right about 14 c. Perhaps your alternator or regulator is bad.
You said not a car? For example, the vehicle has a fusible link between the alternator and battery. If this fails, the battery not be charged. If the generator does not sound like Duff and need a replacement service.
The alternator is not charging when the engine is running. When replacing the battery and Hove flat overnight, then something is shorted its mass. It is necessary to check the rectifier in the alternator or the low mileage, whether it exists. Also check the main fuse.
and the alternator is not correct, because if the generator voltage test appears to rotate, but not at the correct speed - especially if you try to generate a large amount of energy.
If you have access to a voltmeter, try: Connect the red wire from the meter on the positive side of the battery. Hook the black wire from the subway to the negative post of the battery.
Start your car. The voltmeter should be 13.8 to 14 volts. This is a test to make sure that your alternator is charging properly.
Oppicite carefully check the ends of the battery Termanal. On the negative side must have a narrow field of their own. The positive pole is connected to its owner. Muat be, clean and safe. Read (How to get your very good) of the generator is not charging.
Guy said voltage must be 14 or more of the 12 ... Well Duh ,,,,, you have with a broken alternator .... And I kind of proof of ALTS ... or has had, without which it seeks. .. nothing to him ... Prove want or if your account is only 12 volts to die every morning.
The next thing is to check the alternator, AutoZone offers a free trial subscription for generators, but are removed before hand.
Post a Comment