Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mediasmart Server Building A Home Server ?

Building a home server ? - mediasmart server

Hello boys
I think that building a home server, but I have the funds to buy an HP MediaSmart Server so I have a tower PC parts that I use, but the amount ... their specifications are as follows:
AMD Sempron 2.2 GHz
1 GB DDR PC3200 RAM (will upgrade to 2GB)
2 x 250 GB SATA HDD
VGA on board (Intel GMA)
Realtek AC 97 Audio (on board)
Gigabit NIC
4 x Fan (2 x 92mm / 1 x 80mm / 1x120mm) for optimal cooling!
They should also have an external hard drive 500 GB (IDE) for one of the alternative systems, USB ports for additional storage
I am using the Windows Home Server
This system is for the job ....?
any help would be appreciated
Cheers guys!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian

Do not tell me what the server is used? I assume that a media server, as you mentioned, the HP machine.

If so, we will agree when you get the additional RAM. We never have too much RAM.

Post a Comment